Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Masen Elijah's Dedication & Adoption Party!!!



It was SUCH an amazing day for us & we are SO thankful that so many friends & family came out to celebrate with us!!!!
We had nearly 200 people show up for the adoption celebration & dedication ceremony of our son - Masen Elijah on Saturday, May 10th. :)

WOW! I am STILL blown away by the overwhelming love, support & generosity of an amazing group of people!! We can't thank everyone enough who made the day extra special for us by being a part of our celebration & sharing in our joy!!
I plan on posting more pics from the event as I get a hold of them ((btw - this is a good time to plug in a request for anyone who may have taken pictures that day - if you could e-mail them to me - I'd LOVE to see them!!!)) I had decided not to bring a camera myself as I didn't want to walk around taking pictures - I wanted to TALK to everyone!!! And I didn't even get a chance to do THAT as much as I had hoped!!! (not complaining, mind you - I really did enjoy myself completely that day - and my only regrets are that I couldn't be in 30 different places at the same time sit at each table & to talk to everyone for more than 2 seconds! AND - I have to say - I missed my son!!! Though - my friends here in MI would be proud to know I let him out of my sight without having a panic attack! I actually only got to hold him during part of the dedication ceremony & for about 8.2 seconds to feed him around 5:00...but then I had to hand him off to my sister-in-law as I was being ordered to sit and eat the plate of food that i had made up 4 hours earlier! LOL But Eli was MORE than comfy cozy in Christine's arms!!! He didn't even drink his bottle!!! He cuddled into his loving aunt's arms and drifted off to sleep!!! How precious a sight is this?!


...oh - and I actually only got to eat a cabbage roll - but it was SO delicious!!! Thanks Nana Z!!! :) ;)

I heard the food was good from a few people - so I was glad about that & we did have LOTS left over - so I'm REALLY glad about that ((it was one of my stress-over issues...you just NEVER want to run out of food!! LOL)) {and again - another great time to plug in a HUGE thank you to EVERYONE who brought a dessert or dish to contribute!! That was SOOO wonderful of you & I heard it was all very tasty!!!} I've already been contacted by two people to track down recipes of some things...LOL!! I'm working on it!!! :) :) I promise!! :) :)

Anywho - I didn't mean to spend this post rambling on with words...and like I said - I'll definitely post more pictures ASAP!! I just wanted to share with the world (or more specifically the WWW) how absolutely blessed we are to know SO MANY wonderful & precious people!!!!!

*ENORMOUS HUGS* to EVERYONE!!!!

We love you!!! :)

PS - Pastor Dennis gave us a beautiful framed certificate to commemorate the occasion - and lots of people signed the pic frame we had setting by the door. :) It turned out great!! Thank you! :)















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home