Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Praise God!! It finally happened!!!!







Saturday night, after dropping Masen Elijah off to visit his birth family for the weekend, Mike & I pulled into our driveway (so Mike could pick up his car & we could go back to the church building to finish setting up for Resurrection Sunday) Since we’d been on the road all day, I hadn’t checked the mail yet – so I told Mike I was going to go grab it…he said “hey – maybe there’ll be adoption papers in there!” and we both kinda scoffed at the idea.

The adoption is supposed to be finalized in May – but for some reason, we just kept hoping that since we’ve had Eli from 2 days old – they would push it through “early” ((though technically, it wouldn’t be early as we’ve had him for over 6 months now)) Regardless – we had originally set up with our attorney to have a court day for the finalization when this all began because we wanted family & friends to be there & have a video of the proceedings…you know me – any chance for more photos or video memories…LOL

Anywho – when I opened the mailbox, there on top was a manila envelope.

I FROZE for a second – but then thought, nah – we get lots of stuff in manila envelopes…but as I pulled it out, I noticed it was addressed to BOTH of us (which rarely happens) – but GO FIGURE the return address was partially covered with a sticker from processing. So I could only see the street name of “Telegraph Rd” – and my mind started to go haywire trying to figure out what was on Telegraph Rd. Our attorney is on Mason Rd (ironically) – so I figured it wasn’t from him…but as I opened the envelope I read “Order of Adoption”!!!

I couldn’t help the screams of excitement as I jumped up & down in celebration – then ran over to Mike (who at this point was still standing between our cars – watching me the whole time with that deer-in-the-headlights look on his face. He started yelling “WHAT?? What IS it?!??! TELL ME!!!” I ran over to him and jumped on him – still all I could get out were shrieks of jubilation…I couldn’t even get the words out – so I shoved the envelope in his hands – still jumping & screaming. As he read the words himself – he joined me in my driveway celebration…and as our neighbors peered through their windows in curiosity – there we were…like two kids jumping on a trampoline…having the time of our lives!!!

It's finished!! It happened!!! Our son is a MACON!!!
Then it finally struck me – WHEN did it happen?!??!

I nearly ripped the envelope wide open to get the certificate out…and there, at the bottom – was the date the Judge signed…March 17th, 2008. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I didn’t know if I should burst into laughter or tears. How cool is THAT??!?! ((for all of you non-Irish folk…that date holds particular significance in my life as I’m of Irish heritage ((as are both Mike and Elijah)) but St. Patrick’s Day has always been a day of celebration for my family {and no – not the way MOST people ‘celebrate’ the holiday)) So now – this holiday will forever hold an even more precious place in my heart.

The day our beloved baby boy finally, legally & permanently became our son!! What a joy!! What a treasure!! What an enormous blessing!!!

Oh – and to further heighten the coolness of it all (for me at least) – I had to laugh the next morning as I was preparing for church & realized that a few weeks earlier, I had registered for something at a store…and the form asked for the “date of the event”…so since it was something for Eli, I entered his birth date of August 23rd…but it rejected that date saying it was too far in the past…& I needed to pick another date. At the time I thought – well *I* don’t know what date to pick…I want it to be one of some significance…so after a moment of contemplation - I chose March 17th, 2008 because I knew I’d easily remember St. Patrick’s Day…ummm WOW!!!! Absolutely no doubt will I ever forget that date NOW!!!!!! I had NO idea as I typed it into the store form that it would truly become THE date of THE EVENT!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, May 04, 2008 1:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures, I want some !!! Speaking of pictures, I have been showing off my newest grandson to anyone that stands still for more than 5 seconds! Co=workers, students, friends, my kid's friends, people at the checkout lanes, (well you get the idea). I love that announcement that you sent. Anyway, I went to see Beth Moore speak at the World Arena. A former co worker, and friend, paid The $55 for me and then she called me to invite me. It was a wonderful and powerful experience, and I enjoyed being with Linda Brumley again! She now lives outside of Denver in the mountains. Take care of our little sweetie!!
Love Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home