we almost didn't make it!!
So - I got up early - spent the morning making sure our luggage was packed...lol - ok, I didn't pack actual luggage - it just FELT like it...between a diaper bag & the backpack stuffed with our towels, an extra pair of lil swimmers ((hey, it's our first time, I didn't know if I needed to be ready for the potential blowout)). Anywho - getting the bags packed, the boy up, fed & dressed...then packing up the car - WHEW - I'm exhausted just retelling it!
Anywho - everything is packed up - I had actually gotten out of the house a little early so we could pop in to see some friends I used to work with at Charter on our way to the Y...but
rrrr rrrrrr rrrrrrr
NOTHING!
My car wouldn't start!!!
I was so bummed!! After not being sure we'd even be able to GO to our first swim class after having another run-in with the nasty sniffles & coughing that kept us up the other night...here we were all packed up & unable to get the car out of the driveway!! :( Guess my car caught the sickies too. :(
BUT - dun dun dun duuuuuuuun...AUNT WENDY TO THE RESCUE!!! Have I told you lately how much I ADORE my bestest buddy Wendy?!?! :) :) Seriously though - she is SUCH a sweetie!!! Here she is - 7 months pregnant...3 year old in tow - trudging through the snow & ice covered streets & driveway to rescue me & my lil guy! We actually made it to the Y, stripped off our street clothes (thankfully mommy thought to put our street clothes over our swimsuits not knowing how hard it would be to change both of us in the locker room before class) - and we walked out to the pool just in time to get some tsk tsk looks for being late for the intro...but we MADE IT!!! THANK YOU WENDY & JORDYN!!!!
And Elijah did GREAT!! The instructor even used him a couple of times for demonstrations ((the child she tried to use was kicking & screaming and NOT having anything to do with it!)) But our little Eli was quite content in the pool...and very comfortable being the instructor's helper. LOL :)
Seriously - he was so precious - and I am SO thankful for such a great friend who would brave the cold snowy day (instead of staying curled up in pjs the warmth of her house) just to make sure we could enjoy our first mommy & me swim class.
And let this be a public declaration of how much I LOVE my baby boy...I stuffed myself into a swimsuit and actually went out in public without a big t-shirt to cover up!!! Honestly - it wasn't as horrifying as I had imagined cause I was SO enamored with my precious little one and making sure he had fun today. :) :) Well, I should say - it wasn't as horrifying for ME - can't speak to what I put the rest of the class through!! LOL :)
I didn't take the camera to class (duh) - but I did snap a pic of Masen Elijah in his sporty "Lifeguard" trunks before we packed up & headed out this morning. :) Oh come on! You HAD to know there'd be a photo!!! :)

I loved this pic - cause he looks like he's yelling "woohooo! Surf's up duuuuuude!"
1 Comments:
Eli looks so grown up in these photos!!! I just want to freeze this moment when they are still babies!
Post a Comment
<< Home