Robin Swoboda
So - last time we were in Ohio, visiting family, I was watching TV with my Mom and she turned on "That's Life with Robin Swoboda". I remember watching Robin on the news years before when I had lived in Ohio. She always seemed to be a lovely, personable woman. And then, during a visit back to Ohio some time later, I heard her on a radio show with another on-air personality I had come to know when I dabbled in radio myself. It was a Christian radio station - and it surprised me slightly to hear her on it - but only slightly...because, though I couldn't put my finger on why years earlier - there was something about Robin that touched my spirit. Learning so many years later that she was a sister-in-the-Lord kinda made it all click! DUH...THAT makes sense! :)
Anywho - so - to see her hosting her own entertainment show on channel 8 was kinda neat to say the least. :) She's a hoot! Seriously - she's wacky & fun - and an all around joy to watch & listen to. And she's still a very lovely woman to me. Lovely & gracious in a way that she probably wouldn't believe herself to be...and I truly think it's the Lord shining through her in a way only He can. :) :)
Anywho - while talking with my cousin Patti on the phone today, we were trying to remember her husband's name & what position he used to play for the Browns...then ONE of us (ahem, not me) FINALLY thought - "let's google her to find out!" DUH!! :) So - we did...and what I found in the process turned out to be a real gem. :) The search gave me lots of little glimpses into the last decade + of Robin's life & walk with the Lord...not the least of which was her blog. She doesn't seem to post often - but what she does write is certainly worth the read!!
http://community.myfoxcleveland.com/blogs/robinswoboda
I also tossed the link on my side-bar under "friends" too. :)
What a joy & a blessing this woman is...I'd love to meet her one day...but if not here, at least I know I'll be seeing her at Supper! :)
Shine on Robin! Shine on! :) :)
2 Comments:
Wow you added her to your sidebar...what did I tell you about that stalking stuff. Just kidding! You better delete this comment...ahahahaha...Love you, GiGi aka Wacko
Oh no GIGI - It's here - for ALL the world to see!! Well - at least everyone who has access to read my blog. :) :)
Post a Comment
<< Home