Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Talk about a shopping spree!!!

So - my fantabulous girlfriend, Wendy called me this afternoon to tell me that JCP was having an AMAZING sale on kids' coats! She said they were going fast - so I should get up there ASAP...but, just after we hung up - my cell rang again and it was my friend Becky - she said she was in town today and wanted to visit.

At first, I told her about the JCP sale & said I would leave the back door open - in case I wasn't back before she arrived...but, after thinking about it - I realized no sale was so good that it was worth missing out on hanging out time with a friend I don't see very often any more. So - I called her back & left some ridiculously flubbery message about not going to the sale - and I'd see her at 3:30.

Anywho - she arrived a little after 3:00 - and we got to spend some super-sweet time in fellowship together. It was a real blessing. :)


Well - because I wasn't sure what time Mike would be home today, I didn't want to leave & have him come home to an empty house...so - I hung out til he got home - and barely let him take off his shoes before I sprung the whole JCP sale on him & asked if he wanted to hang out at home - or head up to the mall with me. :) And of course, my sweetie opted to spend the night trudging the stores for a good deal. :) ((I swear - I asked him - I didn't MAKE him do it!!))

Anywho - all this IS getting to a point.

I was excited to see that Wendy was right! They had some really great deals on winter coats! There were $60 and $80 coats marked for $10! Mike and I went back and forth about a few different ones - and finally settled on 2 we liked. One was a snow suit (24 months) that we figure Eli will be able to wear next winter ((even if it will be a little big on him)) and the other was a camo-like coat. I also checked out some other racks that had lots of shirts & sleepers for $1.97!! I felt like I had hit the jackpot!! :)

Anywho - when I walked up to the register - I had prepared myself for a total bill of around $80 or $90 ((I had A LOT of stuff in my arms)) So - when the cashier gave me the total of $25, I thought she had missed something!!!
I had her check it again - and was ecstatic to learn she was right!!! Everything was another 40% off the clearance price!!!

So - I went back and picked up the Spiderman coat I had debated about - marked originally for $80 - rang up at $5.98!!! And I grabbed the other coat that Mike really liked - more of a fall or spring coat - and that one was only $2.98!!!!!


I had called a bunch of people I knew that had little ones at home...what can I say? I love to share great news!!! ((hence the majority of my blogging?)) Anywho - Mike, Eli & I walked to the food court to grab some dinner - and Matt & Kelly showed up w/ their kids in tow to check out the deals. :) So - we HAD to return to the store with them...and, in doing so - I found a coat for myself AND we grabbed another coat that Mike liked for Eli ((this one he won't be able to wear for probably 7 or 8 years - but HEY - it was a $50 coat that rang up at $2.98!!! :) Even if he DOESN'T wear it in 7 or 8 years - it was STILL a deal we couldn't pass up!!! :) And - we bought Mike a dress shirt for work...also marked WAY down! :) I swear - I had JUST bought another shirt this style (different color) a couple months ago for him at regular price...and today we bought it for 1/5th the cost!!! UGH!!!

((I RARELY purchase ANYTHING at full price...but Mike really needed dress clothes when he switched jobs))

OK - so - blah blah blah - I got some amazing deals today - THANK YOU WENDY!!! :)

Just thought I'd post some pics of the great deals too!!




























Some people prob think this is one of those hush hush things you aren't supposed to share ((paying so little for so much)) - but I am just praising the Lord for this amazing shopping spree!!! :) :) & I can't keep THAT a secret!!! :) :)

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:34:00 AM, Blogger Matt said...

You shoppin' fool!

And THANKS WENDY! :)

 
At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good shopping Maggie! I love bargains and they don't get any better than that, unless you are shopping at a garage sale or thrift store...and than it's used! I can just see my mom smiling and clapping, giving you a BIG thumbs up! She LOVED those bargains. Love you, Pat

 
At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

It's so funny you said that!! I was thinking about that last night & commented to Mike that i couldn't even find deals THAT good on my last few visits to thrift stores here and back in Ohio!!! :) :)

JCP really does some good clearance sales...and now Elijah has enough winter coats to last him til he's about 5!! LOL - Unless he has this enormous growth spurt and jumps a few sizes. :)

Thanks for sharing in my excitement. :)

 
At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:24:00 PM, Blogger maria empie said...

YOU KNOW I LOVE A DEAL!!!! My most recent good deal was at CVS pharmacy. I went to pick up the scripts and next to the entrance was all the left over Christmas stuff for 90% off. :) I was worried that Ray might get mad if I spent too much money. Anyhow, after I got the scripts the pharmacist gave me a reciept and said I had $18.50 in bonus bucks. This is money you collect throughtout the year by buying stuff at thier store and you can spend it at the store how ever you want. Well well well... let's just say mamma did a little shopping. I spent $20 and saved $147!!!!! YEA!

 
At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Oh yeah!!! Can't beat THAT kinda deal!!! :) :) :)
Way to go Maria!!! :) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home