Monday, January 14, 2008

My Mixer :)

So - my adorable husband bought me a FABULOUS Christmas gift - the Professional Series KitchenAid Mixer :) :) :) Needless to say - I was THRILLED! :) I love the mixer I've had for years...it was my grandma's. But - in the last couple years - the beaters have taken...well, a beating...I know I know BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Anywho - I was a little surprised that my NEW mixer didn't do a fabulous job mixing the cookie dough I've been making quite a bit lately. To be honest - I was downright disappointed.

But - everyone raves about the KitchenAid mixer - so I figure there are plenty of other great aspects to it.

One of which being the super-cool attachments available...and one specifically we've been talking about getting - the food processor ((though, they actually sell both a meat grinder and a veggie & fruit strainer)) - which, since my purpose for getting it would be mainly to make baby food ((Come ON! You HAD to know our precious Elijah would show up SOMEWHERE in this post!!!)) :) Anywho - since that was the main point of the processor - I'm thinking I should get the mixer pack. OK - but - back to the point...

As I was scanning the variety of attachments, I noticed the three pieces that came with my mixer...and in viewing the descriptions I made an interesting (albeit embarrassing) discovery...

I've been using this for my cookie dough...











When I SHOULD have been using THIS one!!!!



Can you say the big D. U. H. DUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!

So - once I use the CORRECT beater...maybe my cookie dough will actually mix the way I had hoped!!! :) :)

9 Comments:

At Monday, January 14, 2008 8:55:00 AM, Blogger Trac said...

Tee hee hee,...but you figured it out & thats what counts ! So,..what color is your mixer ???

 
At Monday, January 14, 2008 1:01:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

It's RED!!! I love it! :) We'll call it Detroit Redwings/Cleveland Indians Red :) :) Kinda like my Cruiser :)

 
At Monday, January 14, 2008 1:20:00 PM, Blogger Trac said...

Like mine !

 
At Monday, January 14, 2008 1:22:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Oh cool!!! ((I THOUGHT I've seen this mixer before!)) ;)

So - do you love it? like it? ok about it?

Do you have any of the other attachments? Any suggestions about what would be good for making baby food?

 
At Monday, January 14, 2008 4:02:00 PM, Blogger Trac said...

Wellll,..you know me & red :)
I LOVE my Kitchen-Aid. Right now I only have the attachments that came w/ it (whisk,dough hook & the before mentioned batter paddle). I really want to get the pasta attachment. I have never heard any negative comments on the mixer from owners,...I've had some jealously inspired comments from non-owners though LOL

 
At Monday, January 14, 2008 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

You know - the one kit I was thinking of getting has the meat grinder & the veggie/fruit strainer...but it also has a pasta attachment that I don't think I'd actually use...maybe, if you don't get one before then, you'd like that one??

 
At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:40:00 AM, Blogger Trac said...

Ummmm, lets talk. Maybe I could off set your kit cost ???!!

 
At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:14:00 PM, Blogger maria empie said...

Well, I have had 2 kitchen aid mixers. One was white, we sold it just before we moved to San Diego. I have since gotten a new one that is higher powered. It was on sale and was cheaperm than my first one. This one is off white. I really wanted a prettier color but this was the only color they had left. I still really like it.

 
At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:44:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

You're so cute, Maria! There's nothing wrong with white - or off white!!! :) If they made a green one, I would have chosen that! But the red "fits" us, ya know? :) :)

Had I seen the pink ones - that support the fight against breast cancer, I would have asked for that color! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home