Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Elijah is 5 months old today :)

Well - I almost lost count, because, at first, I was counting by weeks...so - when he was 4 weeks old, I'd say 1 month...8 weeks, 2 months, 12 weeks...oh, you get the picture!!! But it really got confusing after a while - since our months aren't 4 solid weeks (with the exception of February - but even THAT isn't true this year!!)

Anywho - so - our little guy is 5 months old today :) Currently, he's in his saucer, doing this little dance - staring at me typing on my laptop - and stomping til I turn & look at him. He's not having a fit or anything - he's just being silly...blowing bubbles & making raspberries - and of course, drooling like nobody's business!!!

When I laugh, he laughs.
When I cough, he mimicks me...it's really funny.

If I go too long typing without looking at him, he starts jumping, rocking back and forth (like a goalie, Mike says) flailing his arms around and blowing bigger & louder...and then there's the happy screech. :) Now he sounds like he's jumping from a plane (ayaiiiii) and he blows more bubbles and laughs at himself. He's such a nut. Gee - I hope he fits in with THIS family. ;) :)

Anywho - I've completely fallen behind in his sweet little "watch me grow" scrap book. I don't even remember if I was marking down dates for when he rolled - or his first real giggle...or smile...my gosh, that seems like forever ago!!!

Now he's talking to Spencer (our dog) I think he wants her to do tricks...but she's not interested. She just perks up when he lets out a grunted "hey" in her direction - cocks her head, then looks over at me like "is he kidding?"

So - I almost have his room organized. No - that's a lie...more like 60% - which is better than yesterday...and our bedroom is almost entirely put back together. I definitely like his bedroom being up next to the living room. I can see his crib from 2 seats in the room...and can hear him very easily.

Yes, I definitely like this better. :)

Boy - I'll tell ya - if he was in a walker with wheels, I think he'd be all over this place right now!!! His little legs & feet are going like crazy!!! And he looks so desperately like he's trying to get somewhere!!!!

On that note - I think I'll get down & play with him a little before bedtime.

I should include a new pic of him here - to celebrate his 5th month...but I'll have to do that later...my baby boy is calling for me. :) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home