Wednesday, January 25, 2006

So I'm a dork, love me anyways!!

Mikey and I are Christians. I wasn't sure if that was obvious quite yet (Lord, I hope it is!) But I wanted to preface my post here with that statement...hopefully to shed some light on what I'm about to write. :)
When people come to me for "advice", by the Grace of God ((and if time permits)), my first response will always be to pray & seek God's Word before I respond. I also tend to reach out to other believers and request their prayer support for my response.
I had to laugh - rather out loudly - ((yes, I know - bad grammar)) - but I had to laugh when I received a response to my latest prayer request/plea from a funny friend of mine. She simply stated "Tell her she needs Jesus" - as if that thought hadn't crossed my mind. Part of me just wanted to reply with "Duh!" - but then I sat back and just laughed about it. I mean - here this sweet sister took the time to send this reply - encouraging me to do the obvious - but all the while probably thought "What a dork!!"
I guess I could have been a bit more detailed in my prayer request...maybe included something like "I know the answer to her problems is that she needs the Lord - but I'd really like your prayer support so that I can share that fact in a clear and compassionate & not so 'trite' way with her." That just seemed - well, wordy. Odd, you say, for ME to try to avoid being wordy?!?!?! Yes, it's true. Sometimes, I do try to keep it short and sweet ((present time obviously excluded))
Anywho - this may sound like a complaint over all - but to be quite honest, I'm actually praising the Lord for friends like the one above...I mean - seriously - here she was thinking I was a total dork "captain oblivious" - and loved me anyways. :) :)


Tell me - ain't that the coolest? :)

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:06:00 PM, Blogger mike macon said...

Nice pic, my love...

 
At Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:39:00 PM, Blogger mike macon said...

...still don't know what's up with the FLICKR windows on your 'puter, there, my love...

 
At Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:41:00 PM, Blogger mike macon said...

...oh, and I still love the pic...

;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home