a post from my other blog...dates 1/15/06
I'm posting this here so that the NEXT post I write will make more sense. :)
Martha Stewart I am not!!
Current mood: loved
Category: Life
Though - I remember thinking I wanted to grow up to be like Donna Reed - but to be honest, I don't even remember what she was like!!
Anywho - we host prayer here at our home every Sunday night...and normally, everyone teases me cause I bring out a ton of food throughout the night. It starts out being just something I baked for snacking - then I pull out what's in the fridge...and somehow I end up making an actual meal - like fish tacos or something. Anywho - I have to admit, I was a tad stressed at church this morning - cause I knew my cupboards were bare - and prayer night has been packed out lately (praise God!) I didn't want to tell anyone about the lack of edible items in our home - I figured, I'd be able to throw something together...even if it was just a hodge-podge stew or soup of some sort...but no - literally, when I went through shelf by shelf - I was missing too many key ingredients. Worst case, I could have made A LOT of Ramen Noodles & veggies. :) It's actually one of Mike and my fav cheap-eats. :) But - again, I admit, I was being anxious for most of the day - and finally, around 2:00 - I threw up a prayer of "ugh-ness" to the Lord and just asked Him to make sure people came after eating big dinners or something...so they didn't come with tummies grumbling.
I decided to scan the kitchen one last time around 6:30 - and I did have two of those jar-cookie-gifts from Christmas...ah shucks - if only I had eggs!! :/ Oh well...back to having to trust God to work it out...
Anywho - so - one by one, people started arriving for prayer - and each and every person that came through the door had brought with them eats & drinks to share with all!!! It was AWESOME!!!! The dining room table was overflowing with food! I was SO humbled ((and you're prob thinking - what's the big deal? So some people brought over food...)) - it's just that I sometimes get into that Martha mentality of thinking I have to do it in my own strength - and myself...and even though I ASK the Lord for help - somewhere, I'm thinking - IF You're not too busy taking care of somebody else's REAL problems, Lord. But, like Mike was sharing with someone else the other day - if something is too small to pray about, it's too small to worry about.
Why is it that I know these things in my head...but I just don't always put them to practice?
Have you ever heard the testimony of Darlene Rose? AMAZING stuff...but what happened tonight reminded me of the part where she shared about the bananas...and how unworthy she felt to even have them near her after doubting that God cared enough to bring her just one...I can't do it justice here, but if you can get ahold of it somehow - I'd highly recommend it. Powerful stuff. Unlike my silly story.
2 Comments:
hi, just surfed in! :-) i loved the part, "if something is too small to pray about, it's too small to worry about." how true that is! thanks for giving me a great perspective!
Ahh, praise the Lord sweet sister. He is definitely One to bring our perspectives back to reality. :) :) Thanks for surfin by - lookin forward to hearin more of what the Lord is doing in and through you. :)
Blessings!
Post a Comment
<< Home